These links provide access to information about anticoagulation management.
This excellent resource provides information on these and other anticoagulation
- Venous Thromboembolism (Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment
- Optimum Therapeutic Ranges and Duration of Anticoagulation
- Warfarin, Dabigatran (Pradaxa), Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Guidelines for Reversal of Anticoagulation
- Guidelines for Dosing and Monitoring of Low-Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- Peri-Procedural Anticoagulation
- Neuraxial Anesthesia in the Anticoagulated Patient
- Heparin Protocols for UWMC
- Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia
- Central Venous Catheter Management
- Alternative Monitoring for Antithrombotic Agents at UWMC
American College of Chest Physicians Clinical Practice Guidelines.
A free Website to help doctors and other clinicians begin warfarin therapy by estimating
the therapeutic dose in patients new to warfarin. This site is supported by the
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center, the NIH, and donations.